Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"A Girls Just As Hot as the Clothes She Chooses": Hats and Scarves Monthly

Today we were assigned the task of find two different fonts to use on the cover of the imaginary Hats and Scarves Monthly and we were given a picture to go with it as well.


I downloaded Janda Curly-Girl from dafont.com because I thought that it had a nice swirly quality to it while still preserving legibility and without getting too stylized. I chose to make the "Hats and Scarves" in this typeface and I chose to make the color a grey to match the hat and scarf that the model is wearing. Because Janda Curly-Girl is a Serif font, I wanted to use a Sans Serif font for my contrasting font so I used a simpler Candara font for "Monthly." I think overall these fonts combine well to create a cover that could likely work for a magazine called Hats and Scarves Monthly.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title Credit: "Fashion" by Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment