Thursday, September 8, 2011

"A Change Would Do You Good": Photoshop Part II

This week we were tasked with taking portraits and then editing them in Photoshop using the tools we've learned. This was interesting to me because it is amazing how different a picture can look just by doing simple edits.


Changing the Color 
For this assignment I used the following picture:
We were supposed to choose one part of our chosen picture and change the color of it, be it hair, clothes, or an object. I chose to turn the guitar a pink-purple color. I also adjusted the vibrancy.

Selecting And Editing Only Part of the Picture
For this part of the assignment we were supposed to choose a picture and change the background to black and white while leaving the rest of the picture in color. I chose to use this picture because I really like the colors on my subject and wanted to pop them.
This is my final product. After editing it, I realized that the bright colors in the background nicely complimented the colors on Libby, my model, and I actually prefer the original. I made Libby more vibrant in this edit and if I were to edit it again, in order to have the best picture possible, I would probably still make the original more vibrant but I wouldn't make the background black and white. 

Glamour Shot
We then learned about how to edit pictures of blemishes and other things that are done to pictures before they are printed in the magazine. This is the picture I chose to use for this part of the assignment.
Firstly, I chose to crop the picture so that the car and sign were no longer in the background, since it was a glamour shot. Then I removed some minimal blemishes from the model's face. I enhanced the color of her eyes in order to make them pop and then adjusted the vibrancy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment