Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"If Only I Could Find a Note to Make You Understand": Logo

For our logo design project I have decided to do a fictional company that has to do with music. In case you haven't been able to tell from all of my song lyric titles, music is something I am pretty passionate about, so I thought this would be a great subject to design a logo for. Below are some questions to answer in regards to my logo:
  1. Who is the intended audience for your logo?  (client, age group, gender, interests, etc.) The intended audience for my logo would definitely be people who already know a thing or two about music because my company, at the moment called either "Virtuoso" or "Vivace Music Co." will probably be a publishing house who publishes choral works. Therefore, the people who will interact with my company will recognize music symbols used in my logos.
  2. Does your logo reflect design trends often targeted to your intended audience?  Do you want it to? A lot of logos in the music industry focus on specific instruments and glamorizing music, or on using fancy typeface/ incorporated music symbols into their type to indicate what they are about. As a choral publishing house, my company would be more concerned about the actual music than the glitz and the glam that goes along with it, so I want to keep my logo simple and to the point.
  3. If you had to summarize the style you want for your logo in a single word, what would it be? Polished. I would summarize the style of my logo in the single word polished because choral music is all about appearing polished and together as if a single voice.
  4. Look at your sketch.  How will it read at a small size?  Could you simplify the design so that the basic shape will still be easy to see at a small size? I think that most of my sketches would be readable and easily distinguished at a small size especially since those I am catering to should be able to rerecognize the different parts easily.
All together, I am extremely excited to start work on this logo package project!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title Credit: Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes ft Adam Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment