Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Nice To Meet You"

Hi! I'm Amy and I'm a Strategic Communications major at High Point University. I'm in the Honors Component of COM 1111: Mediated Communication Systems. I have a little experience in some of the computer software that we will be using this semester: Photoshop, iMovie, and a small amount of Blogger experience. I am by no means a master, however, so I am excited to polish my skills, and learn new skills on both the mediums that I already know as well as one that I am not as familiar with: Audacity, InDesign, and more.

One thing that I really want to learn through this class this semester is designing logos through InDesign. I worked this summer for a Strategic Communication firm and the main idea that was emphasized was branding and the importance of your logo, color scheme, and other aspects of your website, business cards, and letterhead correlating with what the business is all about. I am excited to try my hand at this!

I love music, so my blog entry titles will all be from songs. Today's is Gavin Degraw's "Nice to Meet You."

No comments:

Post a Comment